Frequently Asked Questions

1. I have had before a mobility grant of 19 months in the EU, can I apply again?

No you can’t. To be eligible third country students must have not resided nor carried out their main activity (study, work, etc) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in one of the European countries.

2. Can the language certificate be issued by any school of languages?

The language certificate must be issued by a school or an institution officially recognised in your country. You may also submit the Certificate issued by your home University with the statement that you are eligible to study in English.

3. Can I study in other languages than English?

Yes. You can apply in the language of instruction of the university you would like to go to (e.g., in Polish if you want to go to Warsaw University of Technology or in French if you want to go to Ecole Cetrale de Nantes), i.e. you can fill in the application form in the language of instruction of your host university. The same applies to the transcripts and other forms to be submitted.

4. If I decide to study in other languages than English, where can I find the informationabout the programme offered?

If you decide to study in other languages than English, you should include such information in your Application Form and contact directly with the local Coordinator in order to receive the information about available programmes for you.

5. I am a student interested in participating in the EMUNDUS programme, whatlanguage do I have to translate my documents to?

According to the call for applications guidelines the “candidates have to submit all supporting documents in the official language of instruction of the hosting university, or failing that, in English”. That is to say, preferably in the language of the host university. Only if it is not possible, you should send it in English.

6. Must the Recommendation Letters be written by professors? Is there any template for these Letters?

The Recommendation Letter is obligatory for you and it must be written in English by professors and there is not a template for it. Therefore, its content and structure is freely decided by the person who signs the Letter.